Manbeer Choudhary strongly feels that, “We need to project this great concept of Indianness which celebrates our diversity” and feels that 'Incredible India' has arrived!
He is intensely involved in the promotion of tourism, both at State and National Level since last 23 years.
At State Level
Inception of “Hotel & Restaurant Association of Haryana” (HRAH)
He is a founder President of Hotel & Restaurant Association of Haryana (HRAH) and has taken up number of issues with the State Government. He is on the Tourism Advisory Board of Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra and NI Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh. With the efforts of Hotel & Restaurant Association of Haryana the Haryana Government has formed “Tourism Development Council” for the participation of private sector with the Government sector for playing an active role in Tourism Sector. He has been appointed Member in the newly constituted “Tourism Development Council” of Haryana and with his constant efforts with different state agencies for helping in formation of Tourism Policy, Excise Policy and Taxation Policy from time to time. The Hotels got the ‘Industry Status’ and various Incentives to the Entrepreneurs extended by Govt. of Haryana with his efforts.
At National Level
Manbeer Choudhary was elected the President of “Federation of Hotel & Restaurant Association of India” (FHRAI) the apex body of Hotel & Restaurant Industry in India having nearly 3500 members. Before this he was elected President of Hotel & Restaurant Association of Northern India (HRANI) for 3 consecutive years and represented the Hospitality industry of Nine North Indian States.
The term of the President of FHRAI may well be just for one year. But this one year he saw full action and developments wherein a lot of good has come for the Hospitality industry.
- Presented two budgetary proposals seeking various Trade incentives in the National Budgets.
- Meeting with DGFT & explaining submission of FHRAI proposal on Exim Policy and retaining of EPCG Scheme for Hoteliers and retention of vehicle import scheme by DGFT.
- TRAI : Resolved the matter of Cable and Broadcast Fee relating to Hospitality Industry.
- PPL Licence: FHRAI got a stay order from the High Court of Delhi on special events like Christmas and New Year’s Eveparties without paying extra for License Fee of PPL.
- MRP Case: With this a relief was provided to Hospitality Industry in India and Hotels were allowed by the court to sell items above MRP rates.
- FAR / FSI: Manbeer Choudhary as President FHRAI took up cause for New Hotels for increase in FAR / FSI at National level. The Delhi Government acceded to this request in view of Commonwealth Games in September, 2008. In Karnataka and Haryana this has already been done.
- Additional Rooms: Reached out to Mr. Ajay Makan, DDA and other Authorities for additional rooms to be provided for Commonwealth Games in Delhi and was instrumental in lobbying for the Bed ‘N’ Breakfast scheme in Delhi and framing of guidelines for approval of Guest Houses in the capital.
- TOURISM POLICIES: With the sincere efforts and follow up by him and his team’s inputs Govt.of Rajasthan came up with 1st Hotel Policy of Rajasthan.
- Hotel & Restaurant Association of Haryana under the aegis of Manbeer Choudhary has succeeded in getting the benefits / incentives from the State Governments and got inputs/views from Private Sector incorporated in the newly released Haryana Tourism Policy, 2008.
- EXCISE AND TAXATION RELIEF: Manbeer Choudhary has taken up from time to time the issues related to Excise and Taxation and got relief / benefit from the various Governments like Luxury Tax exemption and charging of Luxury Tax on actual tariff.
- Additional FAR and Height for Hotels in Haryana, Reduction in Power Charges and many more.
At International Level
Represented India at International Forums and Seminars on showcasing of India abroad:
- In Australia: He was part of the delegation led by Smt. Ambika Soni, Hon’ble Minister for Tourism and Culture, Govt. of India to go to Australia during Commonwealth Games in March 2006. With the baton of the Games being passed on to India for the year 2010, He has been part of many committees & Boards to identify the steps to be taken by India’s Hospitality Industry to meet the demand for hotel rooms vis-à-vis 2010 Commonwealth Games.
- In China: As part of my pursuits as President FHRAI, he represented the Indian Hotel & Restaurant Industry at the “International Hotel & Restaurant Association Congress” (IH&RA) in Beijing, China wherein the Tourism & Hospitality professionals from around the world deliberated on issues related to tourism. In this exposure to the Global community he made his presentation at the General Assembly on “Tourism Growth in India”.
- In Afghanistan: He was part of the Indian Tourism Infrastructure Delegation to Afghanistan led by Mrs.Renuka Chaudhary former Minister of Tourism, Government of India for adding on infrastructure facilities for Tourism between two countries.
- In Japan: Accompanied Smt. Ambika Soni for promoting Tourism ties with Japan..